They never rush to file a last-minute motion, yet the intricate deals they structure can change the face of business. They rarely make headlines, yet new clients seek them out just on word-of-mouth reputation.
Transactional practitioners work diligently, quietly racking up major wins in a legal field where litigation practitioners take “rock star status.”
Are you part of a transactional team? New LexisNexis® Transactional Advisor is designed specifically for transaction specialists. It helps you use LexisNexis content and capabilities to build an intelligent roadmap for clients’ success. You can:
Anticipate the impact of industry trends to provide long-term strategic counsel.
Analyze a broad range of legal issues within each key stage of a client matter.
Advise clients on complex matters with the backing of exclusive analysis from Matthew Bender® and other authoritative sources.
Act on each client’s behalf with a broad range of practice forms and tools.
And LexisNexis Transactional Advisor is an easy map to follow.
BEGIN AT POINT A
Click the TRANSACTIONAL ADVISOR Tab at lexis.com
Discover an easy-to-browse menu. It’s home for hundreds of legal resources—including many new sources—all arranged by transaction task.
LexisNexis Transactional Advisor helps practitioners draw on the important synergies among practice areas as well as focus on practice specifics. For example, on the main Transactional Advisor screen, corporate attorneys can review commentaries on emerging issues that affect them as well as other transactional practices. They can use the Quick Find box to retrieve the real estate forms they use occasionally. Or compare tax laws from 50 states in order to help them as they prepare corporate policy.
You can also complete these tasks right from the main Transactional Advisor page:
Move directly to a practice center. (Need more details on what each offers? Position your mouse over a center of interest and get an overview.)
Get fast access to forms. First select a deal type, e.g., Intellectual Property, then a form type, e.g., Copyright. Click GO.
How does the law vary in different states? Find out fast. More than 300 Multi-Jurisdictional surveys on a variety of topics are available from this screen.
Retrieve or Shepardize® a document.
Move to emerging issue blogs and see what the experts are saying. Or download podcasts of interest.
OR MOVE TO POINT B
LexisNexis Transactional Advisor is a Launching Pad to Practice Centers—and to More Content on Corresponding Web 2.0 Communities
Each practice center showcases LexisNexis legal resources arranged according to a specific transactions practice workflow. That means you’ll find needed information based on tasks to be completed rather than specific source names.
Currently there are 11 Practice Areas to select from:
For example, in the Commercial Practice Center, click Evaluate Risks & Conduct Due Diligence. Now you have access to legal analysis, public records, news—even report products—to help you investigate parties and collateral, analyze damages & remedies and understand statutes of fraud.
NOTE: You can select a practice center as the default view whenever you click the TRANSACTIONAL ADVISOR tab. After displaying a practice center, click the Set as my default Practice Center link in the navigation trail at the top of the screen.
The LexisNexis Practice Centers feature new resources, including:
- New Multi-Jurisdictional Surveys w/Analysis: Now find more than 300 surveys! Quickly compare 50-state or country laws in order to better advise clients on where jurisdictional traps might lie. Just select the topic and retrieve a spreadsheet with links to the pertinent statutes, regulations and rules. (Also find access to these time savers on the main Transactional Advisor screen.)
- New Forms with Fill-in-the-Blank functionality: Tap into more than 22,000 frequently used forms!
- New Emerging Issues Commentary: Legal experts from across the nation spell out the so-what on today’s hottest legal developments from Subprime to Nanotechnology. More than 50 commentary articles available!
- New In-House Memos: LexisNexis has licensed more than 10,000 new concise analyses of key issues for corporate counsel. This resource is great for finding analyses that can be included in client letters and firm memos.
- New Interactive Analytical Reports: Here’s a new type of content—these expert-authored reports allow you to answer basic questions about your topic and work your way through a decision tree to get just the right strategy and insights.
- New Pamphlets on Current Critical Issues in Corporate, Bankruptcy and Insurance.
Take One More Step—and Reach Web 2.0 Law Centers
These special communities highlight key practice content within lexis.com—and give you theopportunity to interact with practitioners, learn from the experts and more. Link to these Web 2.0 Centers:
Commercial Law Center
Register once and tap into vital news for your practice, including:
· Recent headlines
· Movers and shakers
· Top cases
· Top practice blogs—who’s saying what. Add your opinion.
· Expert opinions
· Timely LexisNexis resources updates: get the most value from your subscription
Comment on and/or rate expert articles. Download podcasts on topics of interest. Join blog debate and discussion soon. Each Practice Center will eventually offer a corresponding Web Center.