Review the most recent enhancements to the Lexis Advance® service:
Litigation Analytical & Productivity Tools
Lexis Advance users already have integrated access to LexisNexis® Verdict & Settlement Analyzer. Now, three more tools join it to offer a suite of litigation tools:
- LexisNexis® MedMal Navigator℠ provides medical litigators with an express advantage: leveraging industry–first, interactive Q&A technology, the new tool guides users through the medical and legal information relevant to their case, helping them assess the value of a case and formulate the appropriate on–point strategy quickly, efficiently and cost–effectively. The MedMal Navigator feature integrates up–to–date medical and legal content, so attorneys can understand the medicine and current standard of care, identify medical experts, and analyze relevant case law.
- LexisNexis® Litigation Profile Suite is newly integrated and provides a comprehensive portrait and vital facts of key players influential to a case including expert witnesses, judges or opposing counsel. A dynamic, graphical snapshot delivers insights derived from more than 320,000 experts, over 100,000 full–text transcripts and more than 40,000 expert witness curricula vitae and resumes.
- CaseMap® document delivery now allows users to save documents directly to LexisNexis CaseMap, enabling litigators to quickly import and manage case facts, issues and research for faster and more informed decision making.
Practical Guidance Tools & Content
Transactional attorneys will benefit from value–added features, tools and content with modules of the Lexis® Practice Advisor offering:
- Users of the Lexis Practice Advisor modules “Financial Restructuring & Bankruptcy” and the upcoming new modules “Securities & Capital Markets” and “Mergers & Acquisitions” will not only be able to leverage the navigation, workflow and search advantage of Lexis Advance, they can also seamlessly access deeper legal research as well as use new analytical tools such as Lexis® Market Tracker, giving them critical deal insights.
- Integration of content and tools from Knowledge Mosaic®, acquired in early 2013, will create a holistic securities and M&A research offering giving users quick access to securities information at each step along their workflow.
Productivity & Analysis Tools
In 2013, Lexis® for Microsoft® Office will also integrate with Lexis Advance, offering users seamless access to deep legal research content and innovative tools without ever having to leave the Microsoft® Word and Outlook® applications lawyers use day to day—delivering even greater work efficiency and productivity.
New legal research features and functionality
Alongside these new products and integrations, Lexis Advance continues to enhance legal research usability and efficiency with new and enhanced capabilities.
- A Richer Shepard’s® Experience—Both the Shepard’s display and information in existing reports provide a broader experience with added depth of discussion, teaser text on citing references, easy toggling between list and details views, better sorting and the addition of a table of authorities.
- Additional Alerts—New alert types track legislative and regulatory events as they occur, keep tabs on pending legislation, and provide notification on new documents related to an entity of interest.
- Enhanced Work Folders—Users benefit from improved document updating capabilities, easier highlighting and annotating as well as expanded sharing.
- More Topic Summaries—Topics summaries now support eight additional jurisdictions.
- Mobile Advancements—Enhanced mobile access/synching on Apple® iPad®, iPhone® and other mobile devices extends to the offline workflow, including transfer of annotations.
- New Account Management Tool My Lexis™ —My Lexis gives customers the ability to flexibly manage their account on their own schedule, with options to manage IDs and user content as well as the ability to access user lists, subscriptions and contract information.