Obituaries are generally published in local newspapers. Some papers post their obituaries on their Web sites.
To find a particular person's obit, you can:
(1) Call the relevant newspaper or newspapers, or visit their Web sites (see "News - Newspapers & Magazines - Articles"); and/or
(2) Look in 1stHeadlines (www.1stheadlines.com/cgi/news_search.pl?Deaths&&SourceState), which provides links to obits and other news articles reporting recent deaths; and/or
(3) Search Legacy.com and/or Ancestry.com (subscription required for both); and/or
(4) Search the National Obituary Archive, which has short notices from the Social Security Administration for most people and more substantial write-ups for the famous (www.arrangeonline.com); and/or
(5) Search the obituary databases on Lexis (PEOPLE;OBITS) and/or Westlaw.com (OBITPAGE).