Materials discussing how to value a business include:
- PrivCo's Private Company Valuation page, for a quick overview of valuation methods;
- Shannon P. Pratt's Valuing a Business and the many other publications by SPV Shanon Pratt Valuation;
- Tom West's The 20__ Business Reference Guide -
The Essential Guide to Pricing a Business (Business Book Press);
- The full line of valuation guides and books by BVR Business Valuation Resources, published in print and online through the BVR Digital Library. BVR also publishes BV Law, a database of valuation-related case law, and many other business valuation resources.
Resources providing data for valuing businesses include:
- The Business Valuations by Industry: Detailed Studies of Businesses Actually Sold series (NVST Publications);
- Pratt Stat, BVR's private company merger and acquisition (M&A) transaction database (subscription);
- BISCOMPS for data on sales of small businesses (subscription);
- PrivCo for data on sales of large private companies.